Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Q5: High School's End

I’m starting to fear the end of my senior year. The end is closing in faster than I imagined it would. It’s scary to think that in just a few short days, I will be taking my last seat in the classrooms and my last walk through the hallways of Alden High School. As stressful as it may be in the school, especially with all the drama that occurs, it’s easy to see the school as a safety zone because we are with the same people we have been going to school with since primary school. Once we all walk on to our college campus for the first day, we will be seeing nearly a hundred new faces that day. It’s also scary to think that in high school, we have the teachers here to “hold our hands” and make sure we get in our work on time. They guide us down the path that is best for us. Once we walk out the doors for the last time with a diploma in our hands, we are students of the college or university that we will be attending in the fall. The professors that honestly don’t care if we miss class or any work because it means nothing to them. We can choose to be lazy if we want, which I know is going to be tempting, but we are more independent at this time. Our future career will now be in our hands and it is up to us if we make it a reality or not. But as my time as another student comes to an end, I am realizing I just need to take deep breath and prepare myself for the real world outside of high school. I know that my talents will go far beyond the walls of this school, which is what everyone needs to realize as they leave this school for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment