Thursday, June 7, 2012

S1: To Make Online Publishing A Better Class

In all honesty, I don’t know if there is much to do as to making Online Publishing a better course. I think it is an easy course for any student. You don’t have to be the best writer for this course, which I really like. The deadlines are always really easy to meet. You are given two weeks to write three to five and an article which are all three hundred words. Three hundred words may seem like a lot to write about, especially if it is a blog topic that you aren’t so passionate about. It is so much easier than it may seem. It is extremely easy to go over the word minimum, whether is be by fifty words or a couple extra hundred words. Even with up to 1800 words to be typed every two weeks along with a fifty word item of interest, you are never crunched for time. Personally, I find it easier to do my work for this class on google docs, so I am able to access it wherever I may be. I think that’d be cool to make google docs a requirement so that if a student is absent, they won’t have a problem working on this class from home, especially if a blog or article is already started. I like that this class used Wikispaces to communicate with each other and you as our teacher. It means a lot more to our age group to digitally talk to a teacher rather than talk to them face to face since that is the generation we were raised in. I truly don’t think there is anything to do that would make this class better. I found it a fun class to take while still having a decent amount of work. The only changes that I would make to this class are miniscule changes such as using google docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment