Thursday, June 7, 2012

R1: The End Of The Year

I think that the best part about school coming to an end is the nice weather. The weather is also a negative because I know that I would much rather be spending the time outside than inside a scorching hot school. My attention is usually drawn to the windows instead of the paper that is placed in front of me. I like being able to wear shorts and flip flops during this time too. I also love how lenient teachers are towards the end of the school year. Classes become more laid back, especially in the classes that do not have a state regents exam. They are able to talk more freely and bring in outside stories to the topic they are teaching about. When teachers relate current events, I find it more interesting and easier to learn. The best part about this specific school year coming to an end is the fact that I will be graduating. It’s a rather scary thought, but it is also very exciting. These halls have been all I have known for the past four years, but now we are moving on to bigger things. We also With school coming to an end, we no longer have to wake up at crazy hours in the morning to come into school and sit in a class. We can stay up late, until all hours of the night, and then wake up in the afternoon if we prefer. And even better, we get to spend almost every weekend of the summer at a grad party for one of our friends. I think the best part about the school year coming to an end is the anticipation of summer, even though we anticipate a break since the second week of the school year. While it may be the best feeling to anticipate the arrival of summer, it is also the worst part about the end of the school year because we know we are in school when we would rather be outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment